Fluttering sensation in head. No pain or dizziness

i have a occasional slight, involuntary flutttering sensation on the right side of my head. No pain, no dizziness. Just feels weird.
Posted Tue, 18 Sep 2012 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Prasad 2 hours later

Occasionally due to no apparent causes a group of muscle fibres are triggered spontaneously resulting in involuntary rhythmic muscle contractions. These are termed as "tic" in medical terms.

What you reported seems like a tic.

This is completely harmless and not concerning. I suggest to all my patients with similar complaints to neglect it as it usually resolves without any treatment.
Drinking plenty of fluids to correct any salt and electrolyte abnormalities and resting well to de-stress are few known options of treatment. You may include these in your lifestyle.

The bottom line is what you have is a sinister and absolutely harmless condition and you need not be worried.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have other enquiries.

Best Regards