Fluid in ears. Feeling pain in ear, head and shoulder, sweating and nauseated. Related to heart attack?

I have been having ear pain and fluid in both ears which has been causing a lack of sleep with the pain at night. Two days ago while watching TV, I felt a lot of pain on the left side of my head, neck and shoulder going into the left chest. I was sweatig and felt nauseated. I thought it might be a heart attack and took two asprins. For about 30 minutes it felt better to sit up than lie down. Then I layed down and fell asleep in about an hour. The next mornng and till now, I sweat a lot while eat and with the least little exertion. I have not been in to see my doctor yet. Is this just ear releated or could it be a heart attack or both or something else? I am a 53 year old male, 195 pounds, in a wheel chair because of bad knees.
Posted Wed, 1 Aug 2012 in Heart Attack
Answered by Dr. Neelam Ashish Vanjari 39 minutes later

Thanks for writing in.

I think your symptoms are very much suggestive of coronary artery disease which usually can cause angina or a heart attack. This is a condition in which the blood supply to the heart is reduced under exertion and typically resting produces relief.
At this stage, please see a physician and get an ECG and cardiac enzymes done. We would then be able to conclusively say whether this was a heart attack or now. Its unlikely that your symptoms are being caused by an ear problem.
Till then, please do not exert yourself and avoid any kind of stress ( emotional, physical or mental ; including heavy meals)
I hope I have answered your query. In case of doubt, I shall be happy to help you.
Best regards,
Dr. Neelam.