Fitted hearing aid for poor hearing loss and found lump on head. Any cure?

Nov 2013

i have a lump on the right side of my head a few inches above my right ear i noticed it yesterday but over night it has got abit bigger in size almost a ten pence size its very painful to touch and the area around it i haven't knocked my head as far as i'm aware but last week i was fitted with an hearing aid for poor hearing loss and damege to my right ear
Posted Mon, 17 Dec 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 8 minutes later

Thank you for posting your query.

Based on your symptoms, there are two possibilities-

1. Local Infection of skin and deeper tissues- In this condition, there may be pain and swelling, which is tender to touch. Treatment would require analgesics such as ibuprofen and antibiotics.

2. Scalp hematoma- bleeding underneath the skin due to an un-noticed injury. This also would benefit with analgesics.

In either case, there is no need to worry. Please consult your GP for further evaluation.

I hope it helps. Please get back if you have any more queries.

Wishing you good health,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM