Fever, severe sore throat and sweats while sleeping. Looking for solution

I have a temerature of 96.0 and a severe sore throat for thelast 3 days and body sweats when i sleep
Posted Tue, 29 Jan 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later
Sore throats are generally caused by viruses but a bacterial infection may also cause this.
Since you are not complaining of any cold or sneezing or stuffy nose,it could be a bacterial infection.
You must visit your doctor for the physical examination,a throat swab and a prescription of antibiotic.
Till you visit your doctor do regular gargles with warm saline water three times a day.
Take some Tylenol ,if you are having bodyache or headache.

I hope it helps however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck