Fever, headache, missed periods. Pregnancy test positive. What is the medication for fever?

My wife(28) is having mild fever and headaches also she say that sometimes she experince black out. She has missed her period for this month which was due on 5th. She took a home pregnancy test it turns out +.
Please advise and medication for fever ?.
Posted Sat, 30 Jun 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 58 minutes later
Hello and thanks for the query.
There are basically three issues involved
1. Fever with headache
2. Blackouts
3. Positive pregnancy.
I will take up one by one.

As far as pregnancy is concerned,it is you who has to decide.
If you don't want to keep it,there are various MTP PILLS available which can be prescribed by your GYNEC.
As far as fever and blackouts are concerned I would need some additional information before proceeding ahead.
Since when the fever is there?
Is the fever associated with chills and rigors?
Any burning during micturition?
Any vomiting or diarrhea?
Any cough or running nose?
Any pain during swallowing?

How often these blackout happen?
Is she suffering from diabetes or hypothyroidism?
Is she having anemia?
Is there any particular activity associated with blackouts like
During combing or at the time of getting up after sitting or lying down or after a meal or after a bout of severe cough or after going out in heat or in a congested and stuffy room etc
Please do supply these informations so that we can take our discussion ahead
In the mean time please give her paracetamol one tablet whenever there is fever above 101 or severe headache.