Fever, headache, lethargic in child. Taken tylenol. Treatment?

My six year old son has had a low-grade fever (99.9) for three days. Onset was sudden with 102.3 degrees on day one. He complains of headache when looking right or left, general lethargy. He is fever free on Tylonol. He has not had vomiting or diarrhea, but does complain of his stomach hurting after eating small amount.
Posted Sun, 8 Jul 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 4 hours later
From your description it seems that your son is suffering from a generalized viral infection.
Fever is when temperature is 100 degree farenheit or more usually. Normal body temperature is usually 98.6 degree farenheit.

Usually viral fevers will subside on their own within a week or two unless they get complicated.

Keep him well hydrated with plenty of warm fluids and especially fruit juices.

Keep him warm, avoid exposure to cold as this could aggravate the problem.

Eat plenty of fresh fruits and XXXXXXX leafy vegetables. Eat high protein diet like cereals, pulses, chicken, lean meat, eggs.

You can continue giving him tylenol round the clock for headache and fever.
You might consult a doctor who can examine him and prescribe the proper antibiotics and supportive medications if the symptoms aggravate or any signs of infection appear.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.