Fever, body pain, ringing in ears, lightheadedness. Is this an emergency?

Infertility Specialist
18 year old son has sudden fever 102.5 body pain ringing in ears and lightheaded he has never had a fever this high since he was very young and it came on very quick what could it be? should i take him to the er ?
Posted Fri, 20 Apr 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 2 hours later

Your son is probably suffering from some infection in the body (Probably ears or brain). Fever is a defense system of body which occurs due to any infection. It is important to rule out the cause of fever and infection. He may need to be evaluated by ENT surgeon also for ringing in ears.

Since 102.5 is high fever & it is associated with light headedness ringing in ear, I suggest you take him immediately to Emergency room and get him tested and evaluation done for cause of fever. This prevents further complications.

I hope I answered you queries. I would be glad to answer if any more queries you have.