Felt a popping sound in sits bone area. No bruising. Have soreness in inner thigh area. Should I see a doctor?

During my yoga practice I was going into front splits and felt a popping sound in sits bone area and fell further into pose. This happened yesterday and no bruising but that area and inner thigh are sore. Should I see a doctor? I don't think I tore my hamstring. Had massage and pain went away but came back.
Posted Mon, 26 Aug 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Sujeet N Charugulla 55 minutes later
Hello and thanks for your query.

I shall make an effort to provide you with good professional recommendations specific to your questions.

Yes, you should see the family physician at once. Sounds may or may not indicate a tear of any ligament or tendon in the body but with the description of the event that lead to your present pain curtails a good look at your legs and associated joints in entirety. You may need some pain killers along with some anti-inflammatory medications to relieve this pain for some days.

Another good step would be to alter your yoga routine with an expert to suit your body. All the poses may not suit you, but you could continue with those that do to prevent instances like these from recurring.

Let me know if I have missed out any other concern in your question.

Yet again, I duly appreciate your query to me, I do hope that you have found something useful to help you and I shall be glad to answer any further apprehensions.

Dr Sujeet N Charugulla,
Consultant Physician.