Fell down on forehead. Noticed bump on eye. Having reoccurring sore bumps. What could this be?

Hi, I had a hard fall about two years ago landing on my forehead . I had a scan and was okay other than a huge bump over my right eye and two black eyes. Since then I have a reoccurring sore bump that comes and goes about 2 inches long and 1 inch wide. If I bump that area it immediately comes back ( I get head butted by my 11 month old), but it comes back more frequently (at least once a month) with or without provoking it. It eventually reduces after a week or so. It's pretty hard and doesn't seem to move around just a bit like hard tissue? What could this be? I don't have medical insurance so I'm really scared.i massaged it a bit and now it's really sore like a bruise.
Posted Wed, 15 Aug 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 2 hours later
Thanks for sending your query to us.
Apparently there is nothing wrong with you.There has been one big haematoma and that may have lead to small amount of new vessel formation.This usually bleeds at small injuries.
Do not worry.First and fore most is to avoid bumping that area ,with the passage of time the tissue in that area gets hardened and the problem is over.
you can have 500 mg.of vitamin c daily for about a month and a half to strengthen the blood vessels of that area.
Please do get back to me in case there is any further query.