Fell down and noticed knot and bruise on the back of upper leg. Should I be concerned?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
Hello: on about Sept. 18 I fell down a flight of metal stairs, bruising the back of my upper leg. The bruise is healing okay, but my concern is a knot that has formed just below my bottom. Should I be concerned? YYYY@YYYY

Posted Mon, 29 Oct 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 9 minutes later
The small knot that you have noticed near the bruise is likely to be due to a scar tissue or fibrosis at the site of injury. This is likely to resolve spontaneously over next few weeks. There is nothing to worry.
In case the knot increases in size, shows redness and is associated with pan then it needs to be examined by a physician to rule out any infection in the area.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.