Feelings of anger for small reasons, crying a lot, otherwise normal. Depression symptoms?

Do I have depression ? some days I feel fine and some I cry a lot and get angry for a tiny reason
Posted Thu, 19 Apr 2012 in Depression
Answered by Dr. Gowri Kulkarni 3 hours later

Thank you for posting in the query

Depression is characterized by low mood and disinterest.

Along with these it is associated with symptoms of change in sleep pattern, change in appetite, inability to concentrate, feeling of low self-esteem or guilt, hopelessness and helplessness, agitated or low on energy, suicidal acts or thoughts.

I would like to know if you feel low on certain days of your menstrual cycle?

Kindly let me know if you have been feeling any of the above said symptoms in the last 2 weeks so that I could help you better.

In the mean time I would like to advise you to,

1, Eat atleast 3 square meals a day
2. Try and get atleast 6-7 hours of uninterrupted sleep
3. Exercise atleast 30 mins every day

Please do revert with a detailed description of your symptoms so that I could help you better.

Dr Gowri