Feeling tightness in chest and strange test in mouth. Should I be concerned?

I made the mistake of not using a painter's mask when working with epoxy based floor paint, but did so in an open garage. However, I may have let some fumes in my house and slept one night(a small leak in the can lid). For two nights I have slept uncomfortably, but have not suffered shortness of breath. My first night I woke up with tightening in my chest, but that went away the second night. I walk a lot, and don't seem to notice any bad effect while doing so. I can still breathe deeply, but notice a strange taste in my mouth. Should I be concerned, or just wait it out for awhile?
Posted Sat, 1 Sep 2012 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 54 minutes later

Thanks for the query

It looks like you have suffering from a reactive airway disease most likely due to the fumes of the paint. Kindly follow these steps

1. Open your windows while sleeping until the fumes are completely out of the house
2. While using paint use a mask
3. For the shortness of breath tablets like doxophylline will help but I think you will do well without it

You can wait it out however if you develop wheeze then please visit a pulmonologist for the tablets I have told you about

I hope I have answered your query, if you have any further ones I will be happy to get back

I wish you good health