Feeling tender on palate or roof of mouth. Having ear pain and sore throat. Have cold. Worried about throat cancer?

hello, my palate or roof of mouth has felt tender for 3 weeks, i now have a bit of a sore throat & ear ache both sides. i have had no colds or illness before this & i do feel fine otherwise. i have googled these syptoms which has now really worried me because of mouht /throat cancer??
Posted Mon, 30 Sep 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
This is definitely not mouth/throat cancer

Detailed Answer:

No, thing can definitely not be mouth or throat cancer. Please relax. What makes you think so? Do you smoke or use tobacco products in any form?

Just feeling of tenderness in the palate or roof of mouth does not make mouth or throat cancer the first possiblity.

You seem to have sore throat and ear ache too. This seems like a viral throat infection to me that is spreading to the ears. Please do salt water gargling with warm water or Betadine mouth gargling thrice daily thoroughly for a few days. You can take anti-histamines like Cetrizine for the symptoms to subside.

This is definitely not mouth/throat cancer.

I wish you quick recovery.

Follow-up: Feeling tender on palate or roof of mouth. Having ear pain and sore throat. Have cold. Worried about throat cancer? 9 minutes later
thank you for your speedy reply. no i have never smoked but a do like a few glasses of red wine with my dinner! the internet seems to say if your palete hurts/aches or sore throat & earache with no other syptoms then it may be a serious underlying condtion?

kind Regards

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 15 hours later
Brief Answer:
This is not serious condition/cancer

Detailed Answer:

No, I think what you have read on the internet is misinterpreted. Cancers do not present with aches or hurting throat. Neither do they present with earache.Cancers are usually painless.

In your case, it is not cancer. Hence, please relax. Having a glass of wine or two with dinner is fine. It is not related to cancer either.

I am glad you have never smoked. Keep it up!

Wish you good health and take care.