Feeling swelling on face, hurting chest and something strucked in throat. Suggest some remedy

hellomy husband is experiencing a feeling of swelling in his face on the left side but it doesnt look swollen. Also he feels like something is in his throat and the left side of his chest hurts. he is 35,6'3, and about 205. currently not taking any meds.
Posted Sat, 18 Aug 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Divya Kuttikrishnan 32 minutes later
Hello there,

Thanks for writing in.

These are the following possibilities I can think of :

1.Food allergies: can cause feeling of swelling , and tightness in the throat.
Is he allergic to any food in particular, nuts, shellfish etc? Did he try any new food
yesterday/today? Food allergies are normally treated with anti histamines.

2.GERD/ Gastritis : Any burning sensation in the upper abdomen? Any relation of the pain to food intake? Treated with antacids .

3. Chest pain or Angina/ Heart attack

I would suggest that he visits his doctor and gets an ECG done to rule out a cardiac condition. Check Blood pressure. It would be better to get blood investigations like Kidney function test, blood sugars and lipid profile done.

I hope I have answered your queries .I will be happy to answer any further queries you might have.

In case you don't have any further queries, please accept my answer. Any reviews are welcome.

Have a great day.

Dr.Divya Kuttikrishnan