Feeling stressed, pressure on head, rise in heartbeat and sleep disturbance. Is this related to anxiety?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Nov 2013
Nov 2013

Neurologist
Question
hello doc
i am having problems i dont know what they are related but i am very scared
i am feeling very anxious from past 2 weeks because of which i suppose i am going through all this
i feel that my eyes are very strained no vision problems but some stress and lots of head pressure as if something is wrong with my head not headaches not at all no pain
my heart beat rises and i feel there is no strength in my legs and hand
iam feeling all this suddenly from past 1 week the head pressure and eyes strain
before 1 week i was feeling tired because looking after my younger kid i use to not take food in time like i have my lunch at 4 and break fast at 10 or 11and she does not eat food it take two hours fro me to feed her so i sit like that and make her eat so i got neck pain also, so i went to a doc and got my hemoglobin test which was fine calcium was little bit low. generally if i get anything i think a lot. then suddenly my mother got admitted in the hospital for some critical illness after this my anxiety increased and all this started, are all this related to anxiety.now even if i am normal without anxiety for some hours in a day i am having the eye strain and head pressure.
will the anxiety symptoms last even when u r normal for few hours.
i did not have nice sleep also for last five days i wake up 2 o clock in the night and think of all these and takes lot of time for me to get sleep
Posted Tue, 30 Oct 2012 in Anxiety and Stress

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 58 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX
Thank you for writing to Healthcare magic.
As suggested, several of your symptoms are related to anxiety. Symptoms such as rise in heart beat, heaviness of head, sleep disturbance, etc could be related to anxiety.
Not eating food on time can aggravate the symptoms.
As of now, I would suggest you to eat food on time and sleep for 7-8 hours every night (as much as possible).
In terms of medications, a small dose of anti-anxiety medication-such as clonazepam may be useful.
I hope it helps. I would be pleased to offer any further help, if you require.
Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Medicine) DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, Jubilee Hills, Hyderabad

Follow-up: Feeling stressed, pressure on head, rise in heartbeat and sleep disturbance. Is this related to anxiety? 31 minutes later
i am worried because one my relative suffered with brain tumor
so i am scared ,yesterday i had pain at back of my ears
what shall i do with my eyes strain ?

any medication for head pressure yesterday i got very very light pain in my head which was there only for few seconds and went away in the afternoon
i am very much worried with the head pressure.
why iam getting that pain for few seconds ?now 1 hour before also i had that pain first on my right side of theand then left and then in the middle for few seconds very light pain
i am thinking a lot about all this from past 1 week and i sit cry?

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 56 minutes later
Thank you for getting back.
The chances of brain tumor are almost nil in your case.
For heaviness of head and pain, you could take TAB NAPRPSYN 250 mg three times daily.
If you do not improve, please show to a doctor. If in Hyderabad, you may consult me at Apollo Jubilee Hills (0000/0000) or Elbit Banjara hills (0000).
Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)

Follow-up: Feeling stressed, pressure on head, rise in heartbeat and sleep disturbance. Is this related to anxiety? 23 hours later
i am feeling nauseated in the early morning what would be the reason?

the anxiety symptoms will be there even if u dont feel anxious for hours ina day?

early morning i am waking up more anxiously as the day goes on i am feeling better but still the symptoms are there

when will all these go away

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 52 minutes later
Nausea could be related to indigestion or lack of proper sleep. You may contact your family physician if symptoms persist.
With good treatment you will feel better in 3-4 weeks.
Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM