Feeling shortness of breath and chest tightness when I walk or stand. Chest x-ray normal. CBC CMP normal. Help?

HELP! Every time I stand and walk juts a little I feel short of breath throat feels tight chest feels tight....... im so anxious ; I never use to be like this !
Lungs always sound clear
chest xray normal
pulse ox 99%
CBC CMP normal

what can I do to help :(
I haven't moved from my couch really in a month because I don't want to feel like this
Posted Wed, 17 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 12 hours later

Thanks for posting your query on XXXXXXX

It seems that you are experiencing bronchospasm. In a setting of difficulty breathing, it is not safe to take nadolol (a beta-blocker) as it is known to worsen bronchospasm. Check with your physician for other options for POTS. I think alpha-blockers or other class of medicine may work better for you.

You can try bronchodilator inhalers like salbutamol or salmeterol if the above mentioned measure does not work.

Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Vaishalee