Feeling pressure in head, dizziness. Side effects of minoxidil? Have a bulging disc in the lower back

i feel light headed and dizzy all the time. recently my urine is really strong but not real dark. i have bulging disk in my lower back and was wondering if maybe something was being cut off? was taking minoxidil and stopped for 2 months but symptoms remained. also feel pressure on my head.
Posted Sat, 14 Apr 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 50 minutes later
Hello and thanks for the query.

I think you were using local application of minoxidil instead of oral tablet as orally it can cause increased heart beats and dizziness.

However you already stopped it 2 months back.

There are many causes for dizziness

Common ones are high blood pressure, low blood pressure, cervical spondylitis, anemia, and low blood sugar, use of sedatives, tranquilizers and antidepressants.

Uncommon reasons can be due to brain reasons or arrhythmias and cardiomyopathies.

My purpose of telling you the causes is so that you don't take your symptoms lightly and consult your doctor and get yourself physically examined along with various investigations.
I hope you understand and are welcome to ask any other thing you want to ask.

Thanks and best of luck.
Follow-up: Feeling pressure in head, dizziness. Side effects of minoxidil? Have a bulging disc in the lower back 20 hours later
ive started applying minoxodil again because i still felt funny when i stopped. my cholesterol is 177 and my tryglycirides are 54. i dont have diabetes. why do i feel this way. had mri in the past but felt nothing. could it be the vega nerve? was in the hospital over a year ago because i passed out! tested me like i was going to the moon but found nothing. never checked my back though. have extreme lower back pain! getting a little scared about this. please help!
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 16 hours later
You can carry on with your Minoxidil application.
Since Your all other tests are normal and you have severe back ache because of bulging disc, it gives a impression as if you may be suffering from Cervical Spondylitis.
This cervical spondylitis may be responsible for your dizziness.
Consult your doctor for a possible MRI of Cervical Spine to confirm the diagnosis of Spondylitis.
Relax and there is no need to be scared.

Thanks & Good Luck