Feeling pain in lower back. Not able to stand or walk. Is this normal?

Nov 2013

Emmmm..... My back when out last December for no known reason while I was home in Northern XXXXXXX Recovery was hard and almost non existence because most days I was in minor pain- now 10 months later , I woke up with my back in such pain, I again could not at all stand up straight or walk. I'm now wondering. If I may have an underlining cause effecting my back because I feel pain from the inside/backside of my lower/lumbar spine area. Is an of this normal? I'm 30, 5'4 and 110.
Posted Thu, 25 Oct 2012 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 23 minutes later
Thank you for contacting Healthcare magic.
Your symptoms could be due to disc prolapse in the lumbar area. However, it could be minor as you do not have leg pain.
It could also be a mechanical pain due to muscle strain.
Now, you could try analgesics such as diclofenac.
If symptoms persist, you could see a doctor and get MRI Lumbar spine done.
Please get back if you have any more queries.
Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX consultant neurologist