Feeling numbness in leg and hand. Could it be due to hormone? What is the chances of MS?

hi,i'm 45 years old and two weeks ago i had akind of numb feeling in my left leg, went to docs and she said it could be from at pinched nerve, i now have the same feeling in my right hand with an XXXXXXX quivering like a jelly, have read a bit about hormone imbalance causing this [not had period since jan] but i'm out of my mind with worry that this could be something like MS or likes. i have seen a chiropractor twice since last week and although the numbness in leg temp disappeared for a couple of days, i still have this XXXXXXX nervous shudderring feeling, don't know if this is nerves caused by worry or not. please help!
Posted Sun, 5 Aug 2012 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Pratap Sanchetee 1 hour later
It’s unlikely that your symptoms are due to multiple sclerosis. There are several causes that we should be considering including a nerve problem, a metabolic problem or simply menopause related symptoms.
As of now, the following would be the most logical steps ahead:
a.     See a physician and get a complete exam to rule out a neurological deficit. Only an exam and some testing can actually reveal early stages of a problem. We would also need a dietary history to rule out a deficiency disorder
b.     We’ll need to run some investigations including a complete blood count, peripheral smear, blood sugar, serum creatinine, thyroid function tests, Vit B12 level etc based on recommendation of physician
Let me know if I can address any more concerns
Dr. Pratap