Feeling lumps and numbness in vagina, hurts to put finger. Is this normal?

May 2013
Hi, so I've never had sex or anything, and I have a few questions about my vagina.
1. I've been really freaked out because i felt inside of my vagina and it feels all rumpley like the texture is all lumpy. Is this normal?
2. I dont remember ever breaking my hymen or having one idk really how to tell if it is broken. I used to use tampons but they were kindof uncomfortable, so I stopped. How do I tell if its there? (i really feel like it isnt)
3. Also.. it really hurts me to put my finger inside. Like if I put it in less than 1 inch it feels ok and good sometimes but if i put it in any more i have this shooting pain kind of? ls this normal?
4. It kindof feels numb inside. Like if i touch the inside it doesnt feel the same as if i were to touch my arm. It scares me so i never like putting things inside. Is thissss normal?
Posted Tue, 31 Jul 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 25 minutes later

1.the walls of vagina will contain folds like mucosal structures that is normal, as there will be muscle underneath so you felt like lumpy.

2.normally there will be some amount of gap in hymen to allow menstrual fluid out, it can also break during dancing, cycling, excessive exercise, with tampons etc, but still some tags will remain inside, you can feel them by palpation sometimes,

3.As it is mucous membrane inside and tight opening in virgins, when you touch in absence of lubrication it can give pain,

4.your arm will be covered with skin but inside vagina you will have mucosal lining which is thin compared with skin, so the touching sensation differs from skin.

so according to all these your findings are normal no need to worry.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.