Feeling lightheaded, having chest pain and getting weird sensation on arm. Proper diagnosis?

My 37 year old daughter is very light headed and has an odd feeling in her left arm. She was having pain in the area of her chest near her heart as well. She went to the hospital in XXXXXXX Alberta where she lives and they could find nothing wrong. However, the symptoms persist. Do you have any thoughts on what this could be?
I just talked to my daughter on the phone and she said that she has an ache in her chest -- near her heart -- by the upper part of her breast. She is still light-headed and has a tingle/wierd feeling all down her left arm.
Posted Wed, 17 Apr 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Prasad Akole 4 hours later
Dear friend, welcome and thanks for entrusting your query here at Healthcaremagic!
I am Dr. Prasad Akole (Critical Care Expert- and am glad to address to your query here.

History of extra beats long ago, now left chest discomfort, left arm tingling, numbness, and light headedness are all pointers to a cardiac arrhythmia/ ischaemia (abnormal heart rhythm or reduced blood supply to the heart).
If the doctor at XXXXXXX has not found anything on evaluation, it may be an intermittent problem.
Arrhythmia is diagnosed on a 12 lead EKG.
At 37, ischaemia is less likely, but you may never know. It can occur.

I would be able to answer more specifically if you can answer a few questions.( or ask her to answer directly at my link above)

Does she have any nausea, sweating, giddiness, blackouts, palpitations/ thumping in the chest?
Is the discomfort intermittent or continuous? Is the arm numbness and light headedness only when there is chest discomfort.

These symptoms without the chest pain could also occur in a neurological cause in the brain or spinal nerves.

It is better she gets re-evaluated with a repeat EKG or continuous holter monitoring to record 24 hour EKG, a 2D echo to know the heart function and any abnormality, neurological evaluation for left arm symptoms, right/ left arm differential BP readings etc.
Please answer these and describe any other feeling to enable a more precise evaluation.

If things worsen, she should go to the ER immediately.
Less common differentials can be thought of, if detailed description is loaded here.

I would be glad to answer any further queries.
Take care and please keep me informed of your progress at

Wishing her the best and awaiting reply.
Thank you!!