Feeling increase in sexual desire and urination. How to get rid of it?

I have been so horny lately and no matter what I do it won't go away. It is getting so frustrating. I also pee and afterwards it feels like I didn't get all the pee out. I just don't know what to do. I feel so horny and its irritating.
Posted Tue, 30 Oct 2012 in Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar 14 minutes later
Hi and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your question...

A recent onset increase in sexual desire can sometimes be an indicator of underlying mood changes, like a hypomania. In order to guide you better, please give me the following clarifications:

1) Since how long have you been feeling this way?
2) Was the onset of this problem sudden or gradual?
3) How is your mood of late (in general)?
4) Do you also feel overconfident, overtalkative, feel that you have more energy or experience racing thoughts?
5) Are there any changes in your your sleep and appetite?
6) Have you had similar periods before?
7) Are there any significant changes in your personal circumstances or are you going through a stressful period lately?
8) Can you give me more details of your sexual history?
9) Do you use any substances of abuse like alcohol, drugs, etc.?
10) Do you suffer from any other medical problems?

Please get back to me with these clarifications, so that I would be able to help you better.

Wish you all the best.

- Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
Consultant Psychiatrist
Follow-up: Feeling increase in sexual desire and urination. How to get rid of it? 38 hours later
1. For about 3-4 days.
2. Very sudden
3. My mood seems to be the same as usual.
4. No
5. Feel more tired but I've been working out at the gym more and eating much healthier.
6. No, I've never experienced this ever.
7. Not stressed more than usually but I have lost weight and have been working out more and eating healthy.
8. My husband and I have sex probably every other day or so, same as it has always been
9. No, none.
10. No
Answered by Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar 9 hours later
Hi again and thanks for the clarifications.

There could be two possibilities for your sudden increase in sexual feelings. One is a hormonal fluctuation causing an alteration in libido (sexual desire). The second could be a local infection in your genito-urinary tract. This is more likely since you have mentioned that you also have some urinary symptoms (feeling of incomplete evacuation). Local infections can sometimes cause irritation / stimulation of the sexual receptors, leading to a increased sexual feelings.

I would suggest that you see a doctor (preferably, a gynaecologist) and have a physical examination and a urine test done. Drinking plenty of fluids and prompt emptying of the bladder can also help.

Wish you all the best.

- Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
Consultant Psychiatrist