Feeling ill, nausea and developed cramping. Have vomiting and diarrhea. Remedy?

May 2013
Hi. I had an extremely weird occurrence today..I am a 36yr old female with 2 children ages 9 and 7. I exercise very regularly. In the past year my menstrual cycle has changed. I can tell when I am ovulating because it is painful and sometimes I have dull uncomfortable pain in my lower abdomen throughout the whole month. Today, I suddenly started feeling ill, nauseous and developed severe cramping in my lower abdomen, more severe on my lower left side. I started sweating profusely as if I was performing an extreme amount of cardio exercise and felt as if I was going to pass out. I could t stand up to walk because I felt so weak. I was in the bathroom because I was t sure if I was going to vomit or if it was diarrhea . This is when I found that my period was starting a that point. After being in the restroom for about 30 min. I was able to finally walk out but still not feeling great. This happened about 1pm today. It is now 8pm and I still have cramping. I have been taking Ibuprofen and Motrin. This happened to me once before about 4or 5 months ago. It lasted longer this time and was more severe. What could be going on? My email address is YYYY@YYYY
Posted Mon, 22 Jul 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 1 hour later

You once consult gynecologist and get examined to rule out:
-Ectopic pregnancy: You didn't mention whether you are tubectomised or not.
Severe pain abdomen, weakness, bleeding etc. seen in ectopic pregnancy.
As this is a emergency condition better to consult gynecologist as early as possible.
-Pelvic inflammatory disease can also present with dysmenorrhea.
-Other structural causes like fibroids, endometriosis, adenomyosis etc. can present with severe dysmenorrhea.

By physical examination and ultrasound the possible cause for your problem can be identified and treated.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.