Feeling full after eating small amount of food. What should I do?

Hi Dr. Grief, For the last few days I was on a business trip. I would eat and then have to exit the gathering because food felt stuck. First in my stomach. Felt like a big heavy rock. I thought maybe it was gas. I went back to the room and had NO gas and NO bowel movement but eventually it subsided. Then today I ate less food and it felt like it got stuck between my breasts (way further up) than my stomach. My brother died of stomach cancer at 42 so I am a bit worried. It felt like I was trying to eat but there was no more room in my stomach. So the food felt like it was pressure in the gut and today in the chest.
Posted Sat, 14 Dec 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Endoscopy required Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query The symptoms are not exactly suggestive of gastric cancer however what is worrying me is the food getting stuck in the food pipe which is indicative of esophageal stricture or an infection of the esophagus called esophagitis The second symptom of heaviness of the stomach could be just gastritis. Here are my suggestions to you 1. Please do not ignore these symptoms any further, seek help from a gastroenterologist for an endoscopy . Since you have a family history as well it is necessary that you get it done as soon as possible 2. Tab Pantroprazole taken once a day before food will help you with the heaviness of the stomach 3. Chew the food well before swallowing and as much as possible try to eat semi solid and soft food until you meet a gastroenterologist I hope I was of help, please get back to me if you have any further queries I wish you good health Regards