Feeling fatigue. Fasting sugar is 111 and post lunch is 120. Diabetic?

I am feeling fatigue since a week. I had sugar level test. Fasting is 111 and post lunch is 120. Am I diabetic.
Posted Sat, 6 Jul 2013 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Divya Kuttikrishnan 2 hours later

Thanks for writing in.

Your Blood Sugar levels are well within range...So, the answer is No... you are not a diabetic as of now.

The normal fasting blood sugar (FBS) range is less than 110mg/dl. The normal post prandial blood sugar (PPBS) range is less than 140mg/dl.

Other tests required to find out your cause of fatigue could be blood pressure reading, Hemoglobin levels( to rule out anaemia), TSH (to rule out thyroid disorders), fasting lipid profile( cholesterol levels) etc.

In the mean time,

Follow a healthy lifestyle with no smoking/ no alcohol.
Exercise for 30 minutes a day 5 days a week.
If overweight try to reduce your weight gradually.
Eat healthy food with plenty of fresh green leafy vegetables , whole grain cereals etc.
Do yoga will help you relax.

Another possibility is stress could be the cause of fatigue.

Hope I have answered your query.

Have a great day.

Dr. Divya Kuttikrishnan