Feeling faint and weak. Get headaches. Family history of blood pressure. What to do?

Question
I have beem feeling really faint and weak and tired the last few days and yawning constantly. But its only in the morning till about 2-3 in the after noon, then I start to feel way better and by the time the evening comes I feel 100%. One day I felt like I was gonna faint but it quickly went away. It seems like all this happend since I cut back on smoking form a pack to 2-3 smokes a day and started taking centrium cardio vitimans.. my family has a history of high blood pressure could it be that... my dad had a stroke because of something to do with a vien or something in his neck and docs say it could be hereditary. . I get the same headaches he did that start in the neck.. I really want to get my blood work done but I am a needle phobe.. maybe the worst.. is there any such thing as a sedation to help me with my blood test..
Posted Thu, 18 Jul 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 7 hours later
Your symptoms are definitely not due to reduction of your smoking because you are still smoking and your body is getting it's nicotine.
As far as feeling weak and sleeping late is concerned,it may be due to various non medical as well as medical reasons.
Sleeping late in night,watching TV for a long time in night before going to bed,using alcohol or any other pill or recreational drug can be the non medical causes.
While medical causes could be hypothyroidism,lack of VIT B 12 or VIT D,anemia etc.
Headache could be because of high blood pressure besides other causes.
Since there is strong family history of hypertension and stroke,you must quit smoking completely.
There is no problem in giving a blood sample now,as the needle size is very very fine these days and you hardly come to know the feel of it.
Be brave and get yourself investigated properly.
I can assure you that you wont feel any problem in giving the blood sample.
I hope it helps however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck
Thanks

Follow-up: Feeling faint and weak. Get headaches. Family history of blood pressure. What to do? 3 hours later
one more thing I forgot to mention in my last query is the my fiance tells me im like a heater in bed at night... and I do notice sometimes I sweat a bit but not a great amount.. I never wake up with my pillow wet or nothing that crazy

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 4 hours later
Such type of symptoms where you get night sweats give a suspicion of tubercular infection.You can discuss about this with your doctor and get investigated for it,if he thinks so.
Thanks

Follow-up: Feeling faint and weak. Get headaches. Family history of blood pressure. What to do? 1 hour later
is there anything my doctor could reccomend or give me anything or could I get laughing gas or something to get my blood work... my phobia is really bad. its so bad if I see a needle espically blood work getting done on tv ill pass out. there's gotta be something they can do for me in this technicaly advanced world please im really scaref

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 6 hours later
You are right that your phobia is really very bad.
There can be a way for you.
You can ask the doctor for a local anaesthetic spray to be put on the arm before taking blood sample as it would numb the site.
I hope it solves your problem.
Thanks

Follow-up: Feeling faint and weak. Get headaches. Family history of blood pressure. What to do? 42 minutes later
I just pooped and my stool is green what could that mean with feeling the way I stated before... im getting really scared am I dieing?

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 38 minutes later
A single green poop doesn't mean anything and could be due to some dietary intake.
There is no point feeling scared all the time for no rhyme and reason and spoiling your life unnecessarily.
Be brave and visit a doctor for a complete comprehensive check up.
In any case you have to visit a doctor for check up,for any ailment you get.
There is no point talking to the doctor,asking his view and then not acting on it.
Please be rationale and take the right step.
Thanks

Follow-up: Feeling faint and weak. Get headaches. Family history of blood pressure. What to do? 2 days later
I spoke with my doc today and told him all my symptoms and he prescribed me with anti anxiety medication. ciprolax to be exact. could this be true with the symptoms you and I discussed?

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later
There is definitely a element of anxiety in you,so your doctor has rightly prescribed it.See the response to the medicine and get back to your doctor after few weeks so that he can have your assessment.
Thanks

Follow-up: Feeling faint and weak. Get headaches. Family history of blood pressure. What to do? 9 hours later
I greatly respect your help in all this thank you. I'm beginning to think it may be something to do with anxiety. I find that while I'm at home I'm fine but if I go outside and go to work or even for a drive I start to feel a little woosey. when I get back home it starts to go away again..

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 11 minutes later

I think it would definitely be good for you to be on anti anxiety medicines.
Carry on with it and best of luck

Thanks