Feeling dizzy, lightheaded, chest tightness and breathing difficulty while in shower. What's going on?

I had an attack of not being able to breath when it happened i was in the shower i felt like i was going to pass out and was really weak i also had a tight squeezing feeling in my chest. Since then I've had other symptoms but i was healthy before the attack other then the occasional palpation now I'm short of breath doing the lest of things weak dizzy when standing lightheaded and i stumble around a lot like i cant keep my balance. I have a tight feeling in my chest like its full of water and i gained about 5 pounds in roughly 2 weeks when my weight was stable i have gained any for the last few days. I have palpations more often now my heart rate goes up and down and when i listened to it sometimes it sounded like it had an echo i have had light chest pains but not all the time and also nausea. I got really light headed and felt like i was going to vomit and pass out i had to take out the trash and by the time i hot back from the short walk i could bearly breath. These things rarely happen together only the dizzness lightheaded XXXXXXX and stumbleing. I have always had some trouble focusing but its gotten a lot worse now i cant keep my days stright and forget whaf im doing easily. I dont seem to be going to the bathroom as much now i have only been going about 4 times a day it used to be more and i dont have as much of an appetite i have only been eating 2 times s day now and i eat about 3 or 4 before. I am over weight but i dont think thats whats causing the breathless XXXXXXX i had no symptoms till the attack. My weight is now 180 and i am around 4-7 feet tall.
Please tell me what this could be i really dont want to go to the doctors unless i have to cause there going to want to stick me and i have a phobia of needles
Posted Sat, 19 Jan 2013 in Heart Rate and Rhythm Disorders
Answered by Dr. Kulbir Singh 3 hours later
Hello Dear and thanks for writing in
I have read your query with diligence. I would like to know whether you have done Echocardiography before if yes please let me know the report?
Have you being investigated of palpitations or not?

My opinion is forgot your phobia, nobody going to start treatment with needles. Get your Echocardiography done and let your doctor check you clinically for Heart murmur. Palpitations can causes these types of symptoms and we need to find out the cause of this. Good thing is that we need not to use needles for investigations.
Echocardiography is just like ultrasound and a probe is used at the site of heart to see the heart on images. Another investigation which may be ordered by your cardiologist is 24 hours holter study, in which EKG is recorded for 24 hour by a Walkman like instrument.

Do not worry and consult your doctor and go through the investigations. Write back for any follow up query.

Best Wishes and get well soon.
Dr. Kulbir Singh
Follow-up: Feeling dizzy, lightheaded, chest tightness and breathing difficulty while in shower. What's going on? 9 hours later
Iv havent had any test done before i had thought the palpations were normal they only happened every once in a while
Answered by Dr. Kulbir Singh 1 hour later
Hello and thanks again for writing in
Consult your doctor and get the investigation done as per advice of your cardiologist. Occasional palpitations needs to be investigated although these are not life threatening. The causes of the palpitations can be anxiety or stress, heart related issue and hypothyroidism. But as you have dizziness and shortness of breath we have to get clearance from heart related issue.
Keep me informed about your health and reports.
Dr. Kulbir Singh