Feeling dizzy, having high blood pressure and high heart rate. Should I be worried?

Should I worry if I'm a bit dizzy and have a blood pressure reading of 137/57 with heart rate of 111?
Posted Fri, 17 Aug 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 52 minutes later
Thanks for writing in.
I am a qualified and certified cardiologist and I read your question with diligence.
You are taking blood pressure medicines for how long you are having hypertension?
Disatolic Dysfunction in echocardiograpy is part of hypertension.
What medicines and how frequently you are taking?
My provisional diagnosis is postural hypotension. As you stand up, to maintain normal blood supply to brain your blood pressure and heart rate have to rise. Your heart rate rises blood pressure does not that leads to dizziness.So, I will say, you should be concerned not worried about this issue. Till it is sorted out. I will ask you to break your activity in parts, say you have to go to bath room from lying down position in bed it should be 4 step procedure, each step lasting for a minute and proceed if there is no dizziness.
Step 1: Sit up in the bed
Step 2: Hang your legs besides the bed.
Step 3. Get down from the bed and stand, if no dizziness proceed to step 4
Step 4: Please walk now

When was your last EKG done, if not recently then you will have see the doctor to get it done (which you might have to see to adjust your medication)
Looking forward to hear from you with regards. Good Luck.
With Best Wishes

Dr Anil Grover,
Medical Specialist & Cardiologist
M.B.;B.S, M.D. (Internal Medicine) D.M.(Cardiology)
http://www/ WWW.WWWW.WW