Ask a Urologist   »  

Feeling dizzy and sweating after urination, pain in the urinary bladder. Reason?

my gf had to pee last night and then after she started gaging and sweating and feeling dizzy after she had a slight bladder pain can you help and see if any of these symptoms match anything you've heard of?
Posted Tue, 17 Apr 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 40 minutes later
Feeling dizzy and sweating after urination can happen due to a lack of blood flow to the brain. The most common cause is "orthostatic hypotension," in which blood pressure drops when someone stands up from a bed or chair.
The associated bladder pain might be suggestive of a renal stone. Routine urine examination and an ultrasound will help in confirming the diagnosis.
Please visit your physician for a check up and required investigations.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.