Feeling depressed and pressure in head with emotional insecurity. How to get relief?

i am unneccesarily feeling pressured and feeling depressed while nothing seem to be apparently worong on either familiy or professional front. i seem to be always scare of something, what i dont know.

my lifestyle is very hectic and i spend almost 14 hrs on work. i miss my family a lot and seem to be asking this question to myself, why am i working so hard, but my job requires me to work these long hours.

could you help.
Posted Sun, 10 Mar 2013 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Susanta Padhy 2 hours later

Thank you for the query

With due respect, I must appreciate your "psychological mindedness" attitude to your problem.

This is because, part of the answer is there in your question itself.

This is a fact that you are working long hours (because you say that your job demands it, that means if you do not full fill the expectation of company, you or your job might be in problem, which may be a threat to your survival, talking at psychological level, consciously or unconsciously).

At the same time, you say you are missing your family. That means, perhaps the amount of love and care you are providing to your family or vice versa is inadequate . This might create a kind of "emotional insecurity) in your mind.

Both, para 1 and para 2 in my answer might be an answer to the question in your first para. Hope, it is not too complicated, what I am trying to say

So, you need to make a balance between personal and professional life. However, it is easy to say but difficult to work out

To my mind, it would be a good idea to have a discussion with a mental health professional directly or virtually. If you feel like, you can put a counselling call request in my name or any other professional you feel like via health care magic.

And I feel this might help you genuinely

Anything else, I would be glad to discuss and guide further