Feeling cold, throat congestion, fatigue, gaining weight and loosing hair. What is the cause?

Radiologist
Question
i have a fatigue from this week.weight gain and losses hair.feeliong cold and thorat congestion
Posted Thu, 10 Jan 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 46 minutes later

Thanks for writing in.

All your symptoms are suggesting the possibility of hypothyroidism. I will suggest consulting a board certified physician. Get yourself examined. Blood pressure , skin temperature, sweating in palm are few tests which needs physical examination.

Thyroid function test which includes T3, T4 and TSH hormonal levels should be done to diagnose hypothyroidism.

Please let me know if you have done any blood investigation and also detailed menstrual history.

Regards.

Follow-up: Feeling cold, throat congestion, fatigue, gaining weight and loosing hair. What is the cause? 16 hours later
I have irreruglar menstrual cycle.also having muscle pain and vertigo.Please suggest

Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 2 hours later

Menstrual irregularities are seen in hypothyroidism; hence I have same advice - consultation a board certified physician and thyroid function test.

Muscle pain and vertigo may or may not be related to the hormonal disturbance. Associated condition such as fibromyalgia need to be ruled out.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available for further help should you have any other concerns.

Follow-up: Feeling cold, throat congestion, fatigue, gaining weight and loosing hair. What is the cause? 28 minutes later
Thanks a lot.As i have also bowels problem will i have to do LFT >Please advice

Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 13 minutes later

Thanks for writing back.

I think there is no need for liver function test at present.

Firstly, we will rule out the thyroid problem then only we may consider other investigations. It will be cost effective approach.

Hope this helps. If you are satisfied with my response then please review your opinion or rate the question.

Follow-up: Feeling cold, throat congestion, fatigue, gaining weight and loosing hair. What is the cause? 2 hours later
Are you think i may have problem for getting pregnent.Basically i am working women and as headache is a regulr problem i also feeling irritated.
I have lost my desire to live

Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 3 hours later
Hi, welcome back.

If thyroid function test comes abnormal then it can affect pregnancy. It is mainly affected in hypothyroidism.

It will be cured definitely. Don't get frustrated with life, everything will be all right.
If you want to talk to doctor and want counselling then you can use our service of direct calling. Otherwise, you can consult your family physician.

Let me know the test reports. Looking forward for your reply.

Thanking you.