Feeling cold in arms, back and chest. Tingling sensations in the head. Causes?

Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases
Question
I feel extremely cold and chilled to the bone in my arms back and chest. Some tingling sensations in these areas and in my head as well. Has been problematic for a few months and getting worse. What could this be? I am 48 yr old female.

Posted Mon, 7 May 2012 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Hema Yadav 42 minutes later
The symptoms that you are currently experiencing are due to anxiety. Symptoms of anxiety could include tingling sensations, anywhere on the body, including the hands, feet, legs, arms, head, mouth, chest, groin area or feeling cold or getting a chilled or electrical jolt like feeling. There are over 100 such symptoms of anxiety. As each person has a unique chemical makeup, the type, number, intensity, and frequency of anxiety symptoms will vary from person to person. The symptoms that a person with anxiety has can be different from another person’s symptoms.
I would suggest the following:
a.     Try XXXXXXX breathing exercises and yoga to relieve anxiety.
b.     Consult your physician about the dose of clonazepam. This medication can also serve as an anti-anxiety agent and can help relieve your symptoms.
c.     If you are not relieved by these measures, other causes like a neuropathy or hormonal imbalances like hypothyroidism would need to be ruled out.

I would suggest that you see your physician who can evaluate you and start appropriate treatment. Hope I have answered your query.