Feeling abdominal pain, solid lump and burning sensation in groin area. Should I be worried?

Hi, i have what i think is a swollen lymph node on the right side of my groin. It appeared about 3 weeks ago. There feels like a reasonably solid lump under the skin. If squeezed i feel a slight burning sensation and for quite a while after feels like i have been kicked in the right testi with a slightly numb pain in the abdomen. Nothing is visible on the surface apart from a small indentation. A small amount of pus has come out of this before but nothing now. The lump is bigger then a pea and extends in a tube like fashion. Should i be worried?
Posted Sun, 28 Oct 2012 in Lymphoma
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 3 hours later
Welcome to XXXXXXX

It is difficult to exactly diagnose without examination. It might be swollen lymph node. sebaceous cyst or hernia.

I advice you to see the surgeon for examination and exact diagnosis.

Based on the information and pictures it appears to be swollen lymph node. Swelling may be from an injury in the area and the swelling will go down when the injury heals. Localized infection can also cause swelling of the groin lymph glands. Causes include any injury and infections in the legs, feet, or pelvic area.

Usually swelling of the inguinal lymph nodes disappears within a few days without taking any medications. As you have mentioned it is more than 3 weeks i advice you to see doctor and he will will examine the swollen nodes in the groin and then with the information you provide determine if further testing is needed.

Hope I have provided the information you needed.
Wish you good health. Take care.