Feel very weak, breathless with little exertion, have low blood pressure. Suggest?

I have just had my blood pressure taken by a nurse and it was 95 first time then 92. I feel very weak, breathless with the least exsertion. I can't see a Doctor 'til next Thursday. Is there anything I can do to help myself.
Posted Sun, 8 Sep 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Sukhvinder Singh 23 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Seek urgent medical help.

Detailed Answer:
Respected Ma'm
1. I answer your query with one clarification. I hope you are talking about your systolic blood pressure (upper reading of blood pressure rather than the lower one.)
2. A combination of low blood pressure, weakness and breathlessness on minimum exertion warrants immediate attention by healthcare professionals. That means I am suggesting you to visit emergency room (ER) and seek help. At least they will be able to look for the cause of these symptoms and provide some emergency treatment. There can be many serious causes for these symptoms. They include an infection (especially of lungs), an old heart disorder with fresh insult/ stress, a new heart ailment, very low blood sugar levels etc.
3. Beside visiting a doctor in emergency (which is absolutely required) you must take rest. Do not exert at all. Use pillows below your head or raise head-end of your bed so that you can breath comfortably. Take light meals at proper time. Check your sugar levels regularly.
4. If you can not see your regular doctor before Thursday, call an emergency help team and get medical attention immediately.
Sukhvinder Singh