Feel some thing in the food pipe. Is it related to gas?

Hi, At times i feel some thing (It could be gas or something else and the feeling stays for just seconds) in the food pipe.I would like to know if i should get it checked.
Posted Sun, 8 Dec 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Hi Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for posting your query on XXXXXXX If it gas (bloating), it seems mild. In such case it can be safely ignored, if it is not causing any other health issues. If it is bad then your doctor may prescribe some tests including esophagogastroscopy. It is an invasive procedure, in which a tube is put through the food pipe into the stomach and biopsies are taken to find the cause. If it is not gas but a swelling, then an ultrasound of the abdomen may help find the cause. Bloating can also be caused by eating air along with food. Healthy lifestyle can take care of the bloating. It can include: - Taking hygienic and nutritious food and drinking pure water. - Increase fiber content in your diet. High fiber food includes whole grains, high fiber biscuits, fruits and vegetables etc - Fruits and vegetables can be taken upto five times a day - Avoid unnecessary medicine use as some medicines, particularly antibiotics, can cause digestion issues - Include exercise in your routine. Exercising for 20 min a day is needed. It can include gym, walk, yoga, etc - Some stomach massage may help take care of gas. Let me know if I can assist you further. Regards Dr Vaishalee
Follow-up: Feel some thing in the food pipe. Is it related to gas? 14 hours later
Hi doctor, Thank you for the prompt responce. But i would like to bring to your notice that once i consulted a doctor( i think it was last year) and he named it palpitation. I was worried, so the doctor suggested me to go for ECG, (just for my satisfaction) i took the test and it was all ok. I have "gas in stomach trouble" and sometimes I feel the palpitation after having meals but i started taking notice of it during my wedding time. I think it also happens because of anxiety or stress. As suggested by you, i would concertrate on drinking pure water & healthy lifestyle. Thank You XXXXX
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 26 hours later
Brief Answer: Hi again Detailed Answer: Hi again Sorry for the late response. Yes anxiety and stress can definitely cause similar symptoms. During stress we tend to hyperventilate and thus the breathing pattern becomes different. It causes these symptoms. In such a scenario, you can try breathing techniques that are also called as XXXXXXX in India. It should be helpful to you. If you do experience palpitations then a 24-hr Holter monitor can help pick abnormal rate and rhythm of the heart. For gas lifestyle measures should work. Take care Dr Vaishalee