Feel like I have something stuck in the throat. Have swallowing difficulty. Whats this?

ENT Specialist
I feel like I have something stuck in the left side of my throat, it kind of hurts when i swallow and it's uncomfortable. I've tried drinking water to see if it'd go down but it doesn't. It's been going on for a couple days now. What could it be?
Posted Wed, 27 Feb 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 55 minutes later

Thank you for your query.

1. Since it has been two days and there is no improvement, it is advisable to seek an examination of the throat by a local ENT Specialist. A videolaryngoscopy may be done if a foreign body is suspected.

2. The most common cause for such a feeling will be a sore throat, tonsillitis, acid reflux or a foreign body.

3. At your age, the chances of any serious cause is very low. However, the examination will enable the doctor to start medication to relieve the throat.

I hope I have answered your query. Please reply back with the answers and I will be able to help you further.