Feel like I have a fever but temperature is low. How to diagnosed this?

I feel the typical symptoms of a fever, but my temp is 96 degrees (yes, I took it correctly). I'm pretty confused and really not feeling well
Posted Fri, 29 Mar 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Sundar Gnanavel 42 minutes later
Thanks for your query. Hope you had rightly positioned thermometer appropriately in oral mucosa. Sometimes it requires a time gap before the febrile process is picked up by your thermometer. Hence i would suggest you wait for a few hours before re-recording the temperature. If it is not an automatic and it is a manual thermometer, shake it a few times before re-recording the temperature. Do clarify further if required.
Dr Sundar