Feel heartbeat in stomach on slight exertion. Normal?

Hello. I can often feel a heartbeat in my stomach when I slightly exert myself (walking up the stairs etc - so not a great deal of exertion). It is to the left under my ribs. I googled this and it came up with aortic aneurism - yikes!, or that this pulse can sometimes be felt in really thin people. I am not fat but neither am I thin. Is this normal or is it something to worry about?
Posted Tue, 21 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 16 hours later
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

It may be a normal event...many people may feel this / You are rather young and the chances of heart disease or aneurysm are not really high enough. Aneurysm will be an expansile pulsation; there all the time. What you feel is transmitted pulsation and intermittent..
However, because of relation to effort, it is wiser to get yourself investigated.. / EKG / HOLTER (24 to 48 hour ambulatory monitoring) / ECHOcardiogram / TMT (Treadmill exercise ECG) / abdominal ultrasound / LABORATORY work-up – may all be necessary for further assessment and assistance... They are necessary to exclude most conditions, if not rule in...

The treating doctor may suggest them depending on need, based on his assessment of the situation.

Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck