Feces smell started coming from mouth and nose. No dental or liver problem. How to control this?

ENT Specialist
hi just had a question, i have this feces smell coming from my mouth and nose 24/7 and its alot worse when my bowels are full. its like a direct smell of feces coming out of my nose when i breath. i've been to the dentist recently and i have no teeth or gum problems and also went to a gastroenterologist for a upper and lower endoscopy and found no problems, basically i have this bad smelling and tasting saliva and mucous and really bad direct feces smell coming from my nose and mouth, i have no liver problems i dont drink smoke, im on a strict no meats, no sugar, gluten free, no dairy diet
Posted Wed, 8 May 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. A.K. Srivastava 28 minutes later

Thanks for writing to H.C.M. for your query.

I have gone through your query regarding bad smell comming out of yoyr mouth, especially when your bowels are full. You have already been examined by Dentist & gastroentrologist and after doing upper and lower G.I. endoscopy no abnormality have been detected in mouth and abdomen.

I am suspecting there is something wrong in your nose and sinuses.There are possibilities of-

(a) Atrophic Rhinitis.

(b) Sinusitis.

(c) Infected or ulcerated lesion in nasopharynx.

To reach to any conclussion a thorough examination of your nose, nasopharynx and sinuses and relevent investigations are necessary. Therefore please consult your ENT doctor to rule out above possibilities.