Fear of getting Hep C after sharing pipe

I posted this a day ago to Dr HHH and he said it was extremely low risk. I just want one more opinion. I was drunk in Vegas and shared a pipe for meth with an escort. I did nothing sexual and did not even take off my clothes. I have no reason why I did this as I only have smoked pot before in my life. Now I am losing sleep over possibly getting Hep C. I have read her blood could have mixed with my blood from the pipe in our mouths. I did not use IV drugs at all or ever. I dont think she ever has but really dont know for sure. How common is what I did for spreading the disease? She said she was disease free but she might not know about Hep C, right? Let me know how worried I should be over this encounter. Everything I read online says it can be transmitted that way. Thank you so much in advance.
Posted Sun, 29 Apr 2012 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Banait 16 hours later

I can understand your concern. "The risk of transmission of hepatitis c through even sex is very less".

Sharing pipe is extremely unlikely to spread the disease . If you go by 'Slesseinger and Fordtran's textbook of gastroenterology', even the use of condoms are not recommended in monogamous relationship if one partner is positive. This should be reassuring.

Anyway I would suggest 'HCV RNA Pcr test' after three weeks and HCV elisa after four to six months . This should rule out hepatitis c definitely and will clear any questions beyond doubt about you being infected.

Vaibhav Banait