Fear of Hepatitis from Blood Draw Test, nausea, headache, transmission of virus

Fear of Hepatitis from Blood Draw Test
I got some blood drawn (stupidly as the reason for it was something that cleared up anyway and unlikely to reveal anything, but I scared my new doctor I guess, my old one would have told me to go home and wait another week or two). Now I'm worried about hep B and C from the blood draw (this was in Canada) as it was the end of the day and the healthcare worker would have seen dozens of patients before. She used gloves and presumably new needle but I've seen studies on the Net about patient to patient transmission where all safety protocols were followed as the virus can live in invisible drops of blood. Over the next 4 days I've had an uncomfortable, somewhat intermittent ache throughout the arm (no bruising or visible skin signs) and also later on aches in the other arm and legs (but mostly in the arm where the blood was drawn). Also some nausea after eating and mild headache, no fever. If we don't even know why these viruses sometimes get transmitted, even rarely, from patient to patient , how can one feel safe getting a blood test?
Posted Thu, 19 Apr 2012 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Poorna Chandra K.S 18 hours later
Hi and thanks for the query
In the present day all good hospitals follow universal precautions while performing any procedure including drawing blood. Hence nosocomial or hospital based transmission is rare in the setup of a modern hospital. As you may have read, the chance of transmission are high if there is visible blood and a high viral load in the contaminated blood.
Most of the cases of unknown acquisition of infection are due to a forgotten past contact with blood and blood products, sometimes among the household contacts.
The symptome that you have described are of any infection and nonspecific. HBV (HCV (incubation period of weeks and usually donot produce symptoms so early
Hope this answers your query