Fatty mass found on kidney during lumbar MRI. Is this serious?

Jul 2016

what does it mean if a fatty mass is found on your kidney during a lumbar mri?
Posted Wed, 17 Apr 2013 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 23 minutes later

Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have a fatty mass on the kidney detected on MRI done for back ache.

The fatty mass signifies a Lipoma (Benign tumor) originating from Peri Nephric fat around the kidney and it has no clinical significance.

One has to just monitor it by doing Ultrasound Scanning at frequent intervals to see whether it is static or increasing in size.

Hope, I have answered your query.

Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions. I shall be happy to help you.

Thanks with Regards,