Fatty liver, elevated cholesterol, high uric acid level. Prescribed Golbi and Zyloric. How long to cure?

Jan 2013

I have fatty liver and elevated level of cholesterol (LDL) along with marginally high level of Uric Acid.

I have been prescribed GOLBI 300 X 2 and ZYLORIC 100 X 2. How long will it take to cure ?
Posted Wed, 3 Oct 2012 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 27 minutes later
As you are a known case of hypothyroidism, so do you have controlled thyroid profile?
Hypothyroidism is associate with deranged lipid profile with raised LDL and triglycerides.
Each and every individual has different response with every medicines.
Each and every individual has different life style.
So at this moment of time, its very difficult to tell how much time it will take to attain control LDL and uric acid.
You should continue Prescribed medicines for the coming 4-6 months and should go for repeat investigations.
You should also follow few dietary changes:
1) Avoid oily foods.
2) Take balanced diet after consult with dietitian.
3) Avoid tomatoes, brinjal, mushroom, citrus fruits, spinach.
4) Avoid non veg (if non veg intaker) and excessive cereal intake.
5) Take 1-1/2 litre water daily.
6) Avoid coffee, chocolates, tea.
So you should follow dietary changes with prescribed medicines.
Put your views also.
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava
Follow-up: Fatty liver, elevated cholesterol, high uric acid level. Prescribed Golbi and Zyloric. How long to cure? 10 hours later
Dear Dr. Bhargava,

The investigation report dated August 24, 2012 of my thyroid profile revealed my TSH=0.11, T3=112 and T4=12.5. As a result, my dose of Eltroxin was reduced from 150 to 125 (I was continuing with Eltroxin 150 for over 4 years). Presently I am comfortable with Eltroxin 125.

The fatty liver/ enlarged liver (16.5 c.m.), elevated uric acid (8.1) and elevated triglycerides (204)/ Cholesterol (218)/ LDL(151) was investigated recently, i.e. XXXXXXX 02, 2012.

I have started GOLBI 300 X 2 and ZYLORIC 100 X 2 only 2 days back. (ELTROXIN was continued since long - as mentioned earlier.

I have regulated my diet in terms of content (less oil) and quantity, stopped alcohol completely and have started morning walk.

Please clarify the following:
(a) Is GOLBI 300 X 2 times is accurate medicine to contain fatty/enlarged liver or some other medication is also required ?
(b) Presently I am not under any medication for elevated cholesterol. Do I need to take some ?
(c) Since last 2 months, I have completely stopped butter and have switched over to safola heart. Exactly which particular combination of oil is recommended in longer run ?
(d) My BP remains 135/90 since last 18-20 years and there is no visible problem because of this. Should I consider this as a normal BP for me ?

Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 20 minutes later
Yes, you are most likely suffering from drug induced hyperthyroidism. You should continue with 125 Eltroxin.
Golbi contains ursodeoxycholic acid and dose is 15mg/ kg.
So you should continue with Golbi 300 BD.
You should take Atorvastatin 10 mg both for elevated cholesterol and it also helps in Fatty liver.
Sunflower oil and soyabean oil is the best.
Considering your age, 135/ 90 is high, you should take less amount of salt with small dose of diuretics.
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava