Fatigue,loss of appetite,cardiac echo,kidney arteries sonogramed,heart failure?

I have been battling a fatique and lack of appetite problem for a couple weeks now. I have been checked in an ER 4 times in the last month and all test are coming back normal. I recently started seeing a cardiologist and got an echo done and kidney arteries sonogramed. I am ready to check into a phych hospital tomorrow and was wandering if the ER's could pick up if I am in beggining stages of heart failure?
Posted Wed, 25 Apr 2012 in Heart Failure
Answered by Dr. Sapan J. Pandya 1 hour later

Yes, ER doctor can pick cardiac failure initially also. If the ER doctor misses out the Cardiologist would certainly have picked it up in the starting stage.
When you go to ER tomorrow you may get your S. B12 and S. Folate level checked. Sometimes Vit. B12 or Folic Acid Deficiency leads to such symptoms. Taking a Proton Pump Inhibitor that is (Prilosec -Omeprazole) for a long period of time may lead to S. B12 deficiency.
Such symptoms are also seen in CHRONIC FATIGUE SYNDROME. That may be evaluated by a Psychiatrist.
Kindly check out whether you are having a side-effect of CYMBALTA (Duloxetine). XANAX (Alprazolam) may not have such side-effects.

Hope this answers your query.I am available for follow ups as well.