Fatigue, frequent multiple canker sores, nausea and fullness in chest after eating. Are these symptoms related?

Question
fatigue with frequent multiple canker sores. also nausea and "fullness" in chest after eating. are these related? what are they sx of
Posted Fri, 20 Apr 2012 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 39 minutes later
Recurrent multiple canker sores are usually caused by emotional stress, lack of certain vitamins and minerals in the diet (especially iron, folic acid, or vitamin B-12), hormonal changes and food allergies.
However, acid reflux may be contributory and this may also be leading to the nausea and fullness.
I would suggest the following:
•     Do not eat hot or spicy foods.
•     Eat a well balanced and nutritious diet with plenty of dairy products and XXXXXXX leafy vegetables.
•     Chlorhexidine mouthwashes would help.
•     You can try Prilosec OTC once a day 30 minutes before food. This would help with the reflux and help prevent recurrences.
An examination by your physician will help in finding out the exact cause and required treatment.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.

Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.