Fatigue, fever. Have traumatic brain injury due to automobile accident

Hello I have been ill for over 2 weeks extreme fatigue and cranial overheating fever in just my
head. I am 51 year old male. I cannot get my head off the pillow.
I did suffer and was diagnoised with a Traumactic Brain Injury 5 years due to an automobile accident. I was bit by a tic 6 months ago but tested negative.
Posted Sat, 15 Sep 2012 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Prasad 7 hours later

I understand your concern. But I am not sure what you meant by cranial overheating fever, I presume you meant feeling hot sensation over the forehead.

Fever is characterized by generalised rise in body temperature above normal with lethargic and other associated prodromal symptoms. If the recorded body temperature is well within normal range (98.6 degree F or 37 deg C) it is unlikely that one is suffering with fever.

Besides that, traumatic brain injury 5 years ago cannot explain the above symptoms. Nor do I suspect these to be related to the 'Tick bite'.

If the symptoms are severe and troubling, I would suggest you to consult your physician. A battery of blood (hemogram, blood sugar, serum electrolyte, liver and renal panel along with thyroid profile) and urine test would be needed.

In the meantime, my general suggestions would be to rest adequately, drink plenty of fluids, take fresh fruits and vegetables and keep monitoring the body temperature.

Hope this answers your query. I will be available to answer follow up queries should you have any.

Wish you a speedy recovery.