Fatigue, bad mood, heavy head, stuffy nose. Diagnosed with nasal polyp, sinus allergy.What is the fastest cure?

ENT Specialist
Hi there, I was diagnosed by nasal polyp and some other doctors told me that I have sinus allergy, anyways, the weather has been changing a lot recently and Im now not feeling well at all , my symptoms are : fatigue, bad mood, cranky, heavy head and stuffy nose, I also sneeze but not often, what is that and whats the fastest cure for that? Thank u
Posted Tue, 23 Apr 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. A.K. Srivastava 34 minutes later

Thanks for writing to H.C.M. for your query.

I have gone through your query regaring fatique, bad mood, heavy head and stuffy nose.You have already being examined by two doctors, one told you as having sinus allergy and other diagnosed you as having nasal polyps.

Considering your symptoms and observations by two doctors it appears as you are having allergic rhinitis with sinusitis with polyposis. Thus your both doctors are correct and I would like to tell you that allergic sinusitis and even polyposis responds well to anti allergic treatment and to steroids.So many times in patients of allergic polyposis after giving steroidal nasal spray polyps sometimes disappears.

Therefore you really need a thorough examination and some investigations for proper treatment.

(a) C.T.scan of paranasal sinuses.

(b) Culture and sensitivity of nasal discharge.

By this much work your diagnosis will be confirmed and after that treatment may be planed accordingly.