Fall on buttocks. Suffering from back pain. Diagnosed with si joint dysfunction. Is this due to muscle pain?

I had a hard fall onto my right buttock 32 years ago and have suffered back pain ever since. I have recently had MRI scan and have been diagnosed with right side SI joint dysfunction and L4-L5 spondylolisthesis due to pars defect. As it has taken so long to gain diagnosis, is this the cause of all my current muscular pain? Also I have intermittent shooting pain down my left leg along with tenderness on the lateral thigh, both left and right.
Posted Sat, 1 Sep 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Divya Agarwal 4 hours later

I would be able to understand the problem and comment better if you can provide the following information:

1. When is the back pain worse - morning / afternoon / night?
2. Do you get any stiffness?
3. Do you get alternating buttock pain?
4. Have you been tested for HLA b27? If yes, what was the report?

I would also like to view the MRI report in detail. You have an option to upload the reports on this page. Make use of if to post the report to me.

After receiving the aforementioned information and the MRI report I will be able to answers your query.

Awaiting your reply