Eyelid bruised without any trauma. Could it be related to stroke?

Jul 2012

My right eyelid bruised suddenly without any trauma. I just looked in the mirror and my eyelid is all purple. No pain. I do take 81mg aspirin a day. Could this be a XXXXXXX stroke?
Posted Fri, 26 Oct 2012 in Stroke
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 2 hours later
hi there XXXXXXX.
Spontaneous hemorrhage of the type you describe need not be related to any stroke. Relax. it is more likely to be related to some insect bite that was incidental at night or at most, some localised vascular issue related to some medication you are taking which you need to bring up with your treating family physician at a later date on your next appointment. No need for any panic or rush to the ER. I note all your other systems are go & you do not report any fever or any all is well. Relax the bruise will change colours et al & resolve in a couple of weeks. Cheers! Hope this has reassured you all is well & wish you continued good health!
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD