Extra systoles, anxiety, ECG, BP 120/70, no fainting, no family history, not on medication

Cardiologist, Interventional

Im a 28 year old female experiencing extra systoles, and anxiety related to that. I´ve taken 3 resting ecg, and what I want to know is if my qtc is normal? My blood pressure is 120/70, other values normal, no history of fainting, nor family members whit that kind of symptoms. Im not taking any medicine.

theese are my values:

1. ECG, taken a year ago

HR (/min) 69

QRS: 96 ms
QT: 362 ms
QTC(B): 370 ms
QTD: 62 ms
PR: 134 ms
P: 108 ms
RR: 958 ms
PP: 955 ms
Sokol: 0.94 mV
NC: 6
QTcBD: 63 ms

2. ECG, taken two weeks ago (at the time beeing Im pregnant, my puls is higher than it normaly is, normal: 60-65)

HR (/min) 100

QRS: 88 ms
QT: 348 ms
QTC(B): 452 ms
QTD:46 ms
PR: 128 ms
P: 102 ms
RR: 594 ms
PP:590 ms
Sokol: 0.76 mV
NC: 12
QTcBD: 60

3. ECG, taken a week ago, at a different doctor

P: 97 ms
PQ: 125 ms
QRS: 80 ms
QT: 333 ms
QTc: 403 ms
P: 40 degrees
QRS: 71degrees
HF: 100 bpm

I worry about the second ECG, because I hear it should be lower than that, or does this look ok? I had an ultrasound (dont know if thats the right way to put it in english) done today, because I worry about the ventricular extrasystoles. Everything looks normal, and the doctor said my qtc was fine, but did not tell me the number.

I also wonder why my extrasystoles are ventricular, and not supraventricular. Ive been told they are harmless, since eveything else seems to be fine. I started experiencing these ves last year, due to lack of sleep over time, stress and preasure related to studies and because my housband is cronically ill. We have a four year old boy. It seems like alot of people relate ves to more danger than sves, isnt both normal in healthy hearts? Im experiencing more ves now that Im pregnant, probably because Im more tired? And could it be related to hormones changing?
Can I trust the doctors telling me this is normal and nothing to worry abour? I hope so, because I feel alot of anxiety related to this.

Thank you in advance.

Posted Wed, 2 May 2012 in Heart Rate and Rhythm Disorders
Answered by Dr. Raja Sekhar Varma 32 hours later

Thank you for the query.

You have provided with good information but I would like to see the ECGs myself.

You have a feature to upload the reports / image by yourself at the right side of the query page, please utilize that so that I can answer your queries better.

Please do upload the ECGs on the query page.

I will study the ECGS and get back to you.

Broadly speaking, the automated measurements that appear in the ECG may not be accurate in the presence of extrasystoles.

If the ECG shows the VES, that also can be studied to see if they are likely to be of the harmless type.

If an echocardiogram of the heart has been done, I would like to see the report of that too. kindly do upload this report also if it is available.

Awaiting your response.

Dr RS Varma